Back to the FutureTHE 35TH ANNUAL RHODE ISLAND STATEWIDE HISTORIC PRESERVATION CONFERENCE
Saturday, April 25, 2020 · Warwick
Back to the Future
Ready for some time travel? We have landed in suburban Warwick at CCRI’s Knight Campus, the sculptural concrete megastructure built in 1968-72 (Perkins + Will Partnership et al). Here Rhode Island’s 35th Annual Historic Preservation Conference will explore concepts of the future and historic preservation, including but not limited to:
- Post-war architecture and landscapes
- Preservation of Modern places
- Historic utopias, from college campuses to octagon houses to shopping malls
- The future of place-based tourism
- Teaching and learning about preservation in the 21st century
- Technological advances in archaeology, historical research, building conservation
- Preservation and popular culture
- Interpreting difficult histories
- Social media and crowd-sourcing
- Climate change
The conference is a program of the Rhode Island Historical Preservation & Heritage Commission with CCRI, the City of Warwick, Warwick Historical Society, Preserve Rhode Island, and other partners.
Image credit: Courtesy of CCRI
CALL FOR IDEAS
Do you have a topic to discuss, a session to propose, or a speaker to recommend?
You can send us your ideas by October 25, 2019.
Click on the button below and fill out the form on the next page.
Stay up to date on conference announcements.
All conference information will be online at www.preservationconferenceri.com. Let’s keep in touch.
401-222-2078 or firstname.lastname@example.org.